Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Spectacular Salad

The Chef: Elizabeth

The Menu: A big, beautiful (if I dare say!) salad. This poppy meal featured romaine lettuce, chopped fennel and avocado, and huge pieces of a giant, gorgeous late-summer heirloom tomato, all topped with a balsamic vinaigrette.

The Goods: Salad days are here again! So maybe it's foggy at the VNHQ today, and Anna's lentil soup from Monday would have been a more appropriate midday meal, but when there's a tomato this alluring sitting on your countertop, you're having salad for lunch and that's that. Also, you and I are evidently interchangeable here, so I hope you (I?) are comfortable with that. Sometimes identity, voice, and authorship can be tricky topics, but a stellar salad never fails to satisfy.

1 comment:

Michelle Kang said...

I thought those were watermelon chunks at first - tomatoes make it the perfect transition-to-fall dish!