Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Vegan Mushroom Cheesesteak


The Chefs: Hilary and Jay's Cheesesteaks

The Menu: A crunchy roll spread with vegan mayo and mustard and piled high with thin-sliced seitan, lettuce, mushrooms, grilled onions, tomatoes, pickles, and avocado.

The Dish: Endless brainstorming sessions (for our amazing 2012 content!) exhausted my levels of thinking power, so I had to refuel by mainlining this massive, falling-apart-with-goodness sandwich to my face while simultaneously being pulsed with sweet vitamin D on our rooftop deck. Somehow, I had resisted visiting Jay's for months despite frequent walk-bys, but today it was the only antidote to my stomach rumbles. Needless to say, post-cheesesteak I am feeling totally Mensa, and the well-fed VNHQ is collectively churning out some of our best fodder yet for voracious vegan minds to chow down on. To make sure you don't miss a beat, why not subscribe today? Even better, why not indulge yourself (as I certainly have) via a relaxing yoga retreat in Mexico, VegNews style? 

No comments: