Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Speedy Sketti

The Chef: Elizabeth

The Menu: Brown rice spaghetti with my dad's marinara sauce, plus a green salad topped with Goddess dressing.

The Goods: This week the VNHQ is in even more of a whirlwind than usual. Not only are we wrapping up the highly awesome (yeah, I said it!) September+October Food Issue, but we're also jumping into the November+December Veggie Awards Issue! Speaking of the Veggie Awards, aka the world's largest survey of vegan people, places, and products, our readers' poll opens Monday, August 1. Get ready to vote! With so many exciting things happening all at once, I rushed home at lunch for a quick plate of leftover spaghetti, aka sketti. See? It takes even less time to say "sketti" than it does "spaghetti." Magic! This particular dish marked a fairly significant moment in my life, as it's the first time that I've ever made an even remotely similar version of my dad's signature family sauce. Maybe it took 30 years, but the pride of actually making the family sauce was worth the wait.

No comments: