Thursday, July 28, 2011

Vegan Chicken Caesar Salad

The Chefs: Jennifer and Valencia Whole Foods

The Menu: Organic kale, organic purple cabbage, Gardein Crispy Tenders, pumpkin seeds, dressed in Organicville Non-Dairy Organic Caesar, and an organic white peach for dessert.

The Goods: It's been a busy week at VNHQ and at home, so it's left me little time for grocery shopping. Luckily, Valencia Whole Foods, our local market, has just about everything a gal could need for lunch. I was originally going to go for the outstanding salad bar, but I saw that organic kale was on sale for $1.79 a bunch. I grabbed some purple cabbage and some pumpkin seeds for a lush salad. I had brought the Gardein faux chicken strips from home for the perfect Veggie Grill-inspired lunch. And I love fresh fruit so this white peach is a great end to a summer-fresh meal. In full journalistic disclosure, this healthy meal is a preemptive measure for tonight's SF Vegan Drinks when I'll be stuffing my face with 10 bowls of vegan popcorn. 

No comments: