Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Manicotti and Colorful Salad

The Chef: Elizabeth and Valencia Whole Foods

The Menu: A highly enormous salad with mixed greens, spinach, roasted red peppers, corn, beets, chickpeas, and Annie's Goddess Dressing from our friendly neighborhood salad bar, plus a delicious vegan Holiday Manicotti. Butternut squash ricotta with vegan Bechamel topped with cheese? Well, fine.

The Goods: You might have heard recently about our Holiday Cookbook, about which we're pretty stinking thrilled, and it's been a really tough couple of weeks talking about holiday recipes, editing holiday recipes, and thinking about holiday recipes basically non-stop. I'd finally had enough and made one of the 35 incredible holiday recipes, and it was pretty much the best decision of the week so far. Hope everyone is having an equally delicious day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post! I’m looking to make some changes in my own eating habits, so I appreciate your insight a lot! Thank you. I recently stumbled upon this blog like I did yours and I thought your readers may appreciate it: http://burisonthecouch.wordpress.com/2010/11/04/food-for-thought/

I’ve started to look for their stuff more regularly and I think I’m going to add your blog to my list as well. Thanks for the post!

-Amy